Our Fall Festival are coming soon.
The wedding season is upon us! If you’re having difficulty finding the perfect gift for that special couple, stop in and see us! We have plenty of heirloom quality gifts for newlyweds. Wouldn’t it be wonderful for them to think of you every time they see your gift?
Consider purchasing a tree or shrub for their home- they can watch it grow with each year of their marriage.
We hope you’re all ready for the holiday, but in case you’re scrambling for some last minute party ideas, here are a few of our favorites:
- Use red, white and blue bandannas as napkins for your silverware. Tie together with a piece of twine.
- Create favors for your guests with sparklers. Simply write their name on a tag and tie together with the sparklers with red, white and blue ribbon.
- Create “apple pie in a jar” favors in mini mason jars. Your guests will absolutely love to bring these home!
- Create an American flag spread with blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and white chocolate.
- Paint mason jars with red and white stripes as well as blue with white stars. They can be used as festive vases!
Whatever you’re up to for the Fourth of July, stay safe and have fun!
Pests can wreck havoc and have a devastating effect on yields. See below for tips on how to deal with common problems:
Squirrels: No amount of netting with keep these guys out for long. Gardeners have complained that after a few days of laying out netting, squirrels start chewing through it to get to their vegetables. Try sprinkling cayenne pepper around your plants or making a mixture of vinegar and cayenne to spray. Don’t forget to reapply! You could also try planting mint around the perimeter as they don’t care for it.
Rabbits: Netting might work for them, but the biggest successes we’ve seen have been from planting marigolds around the perimeter of the garden.
Birds: Netting is a sure fire way to keep birds off of your plants!
If you’ve got a pest problem, stop by and chat with us. Together we can come up with a solution!
Father’s Day is coming! If you’re anything like us, it’s hard to shop for the men in our lives-but what guy doesn’t like perfecting their gardens or lawns? Dragonfly Farms isn’t just for decorations- we have a wide selection of products to make your garden and lawn grow:
Soil and amendments
Fruiting and decorative trees
Vegetable and herb flats
Vegetable and flower seeds
Bird feeders and seeds
Shrubs and bushes
If you aren’t sure of what to get, a gift card is a great fit!