If you haven’t tried composting yet, it’s an easy way to add nutrient dense soil to your garden. Forget just throwing away kitchen scraps- they are an integral part of the equation!
To get you started, check out this website. Most of us live in the suburbs of Hamilton with our fair share of feral cats, squirrels, and raccoons- consider getting an enclosed bin like this one. It makes the process critter and odor free (not to mention easy!).
Another option to explore is a worm farm. It might sound icky, but red wiggler worms will eat through your kitchen scraps and provide rich compost for your garden.
If you’re stuck, stop in for help!
Easter is swiftly approaching! Our favorite decorating and party ideas are below:
Easter flowers: Put them everywhere around your home. We always have a wide selection of reasonably priced flowers to decorate your home or give away as gifts!
Egg carton centerpiece: Poke a hole in each egg out of a dozen and widen the hole with your finger. Empty the contents (it would be a good time to make scrambled eggs!) and rinse out the egg shells with water. Fill with tiny flowers (like sweet pea) and return to the carton. This makes a beautiful centerpiece!
Pin the tail on the bunny rabbit: Turn the old game into something fun for the holiday! Simply fashion a bunny from cardstock, grab a pom pom, attach some velcro and you’re all set.
Fun place settings: Fill mini baskets with moss and candy speckled eggs. Attach a name tag to the handle and you have a place setting that doubles as a favor!
Mason jar baskets: Ditch the Easter basket this year and consider filling mason jars with special treats!
Paint chip garland: Pick up several different colors of paint chip samples from the home improvement store. Cut into egg shapes and string yarn through them.
As always, if you’re not the crafty type, Dragonfly Farms has a huge selection of decorations!
Saint Patrick’s Day is the perfect occasion to host a party! Below are our favorite ideas:
- Create your own props (leprechaun hat, mustache, and beer mug) on sticks and have your very own photo booth!
- Make felt shamrocks and adhere them to bobby pins, needles, and clips to create broaches, hair pins, and boutonnieres to give out as favors.
- Pot mini clover plants as a part of your table setting which will double as a parting gift!
- Decorate your table with a green runner and scatter with gold coins and white votive candles in clear glass.
We love decorating with vibrant green when the outdoors are devoid of color! Here are our favorite decorating ideas:
- Potted clover: stop on by and pick up some greenery for your mantle, table, or desk! Green carnations will also liven things up.
- Make shamrock garland: simply cut out shamrock shapes, punch with small holes, and feed thin yarn through them. Drape where ever you need a pop of color!
- Centerpieces: Grab hurricane candle holders, fill with green split peas, and place a white pillar candle in the center. Take care not to burn too close to the peas!
- Candy Holders: Pick up glass candy dishes and fill with skittles and gold coins.
If you’d like to spruce up your home but aren’t the DIY type, we have a nice selection of Saint Patrick’s Day décor!
As always, Dragonfly Farms is your one stop shop! Come by and we’ll help you pick the perfect gift, flower arrangement, or potted plant. Don’t forget- we have a wide selection of Vera Bradley, jewelry, candles, and locally made crafts to choose from.
Did you know we offer a 10% discount to veterans, military personnel, police, firefighters and EMTs with their ID? Stop in today!